After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Friday, December 24, 2010

How to Be Alone

My good friend Darby posted this on Facebook this morning...I just had to share it...























Society tells us that being "alone" is equal to loneliness.  This is wrong.  Loneliness can happen to anyone.  To someone in a relationship or even marriage.  Being alone is different.  Being alone says "I love myself, and can spend time with myself and be okay with that".

The best advice I got this year from my dear friend Regan "Embrace solitude, its empowering"  This is so true...

If you are alone this holiday season, please done be lonely.  You cannot love someone else, if you do not love yourself.  It all starts with you!

No comments: