After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Confessions

...continued

My stomach sank when I came back from lunch and saw Inbox 1.  I saw the email from M and thought; oh God - what happened!?!  I hurriedly opened her email and scanned it briefly..."couples"..."sex"..."ruined friendship"..."sorry"...

M was confessing to adultery with my husband.

My best friend...

...and my husband.


I sat there at my desk dumbfounded.  I reread the email to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong.  I started to shake as my stomach turned and panic set in.  I never had any reason not to trust the two of them.  Although my husband and M dated briefly as teenagers I never thought that this would happen.  I mean they never really "dated"...it was more like they hung out, they were young kids and besides M was married now and with a child.  All of the sudden I felt stupid for ever allowing this friendship to take place. 

I really had no clue what to do but I knew that I couldn't stay at work and I couldn't go home to see J so I had my Dad come pick me up from work.  I knew things were about to get bad...

No comments: