After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whats going on??


  • Divorce...well, the house is now officially SOLD!  We made settlement on September 27th.  The house sold for $30k less than we owe - but we got a one time 'get out of jail free' card and we don't have to pay that money back.  Of course there was lots of drama involved but I have to say, I did a great job with not buying into his games.  One last thing standing in the way of the divorce becoming official and that is our car.  J has to sign the title over to me but he is demanding $500 to do so.  Ahhh, divorce is so much fun!
  • Gym...wish I had awesome news.  I don't.  I have only been going to the gym once a week and unfortunately that is not enough gym time to keep me loosing weight.  I need to get back on the saddle elliptical!
  • Love...yes, I have news in this department!  After months of casually seeing this guy, we have made it official...facebook official even - we are in a relationship!  My first actual committed relationship since the separation in January.  I was totally freaking out at the thought of a relationship but this has been so easy and carefree - we have so much fun together!
  • Life...has been busy.  I have been trying to balance everything plus finances and the dog and work....its been tough.  But the last week or two, things have been coming together.  Balance is hard to keep in a world that keeps on spinning.
  • Baseball...umm, yes...baseball!  Have you seen my Phillies!?!  It is certainly DOCtober :)))
  • Football...I love football Sundays with my bf...staying in bed watching the game and eating our faces off, lol!  The last game wasnt the best.  Michael Vick was injured (GOD I cant believe I am rooting for this guy...but I really kinda like him as our QB) and we had a ton of holding calls.  I'm hoping my Eagles can pull it together!

1 comment:

The Darbzilla said...

:) Heather, I am beyond happy for you! I knew things would start falling into place for you. God doesn't give us anything we cannot handle, and this past year has been His way of showing you how strong of a woman you are, and that there ARE still nice guys out there. J is a tool-bag douche, and I think he will be unhappy for a very long time.

I am also grateful that I have gotten to know you so much better over this past year, because you have been an amazing friend to me. :) Love you, chica! See you soon, I hope!