After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Friday, July 23, 2010

Favorites!

I had to share with you a few of my favorite things right now...

1. My summer mug



















I only ended up with this piece because I felt obligated to, lol!  You know when you go to those in-home parties and you really don't want to buy anything or have any money...you just kinda pick the cheapest thing...yea well thats how I ended up with this awesome mug that I use every single day from Longenberger!  I love it!  Its pretty heavy duty pottery and it has a cool summer design - plus I kinda like not having to use a paper cup everyday and just throw it in the trash. And it keeps my coffee hot for a lot longer!

2. Eat. Pray. Love.



















I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book.  If you havent heard about it yet or read it....get a copy!  This book is so relatable, especially to me.  It is about a woman who has it all and looses it all.  She goes through divorce, identity crisis, money troubles and ends up packing her things and traveling the world.  She visits Italy, India, and Indonesia in search for good food, enlightenment, and herself.  After I read the first chapter, I got my purse and ran out to buy and mail my friend Darby who lives in Boston, MA a copy.  Its. that. good.  And even better yet...they are making this into a movie which stars....Julia Roberts....*squeal!!!


3. Nail Polish













It really is the simple things...I love this nail polish, I just got it in Retro Rose from AVON...so pretty!

2 comments:

The Darbzilla said...

:) I am eternally grateful you sent me this book!! I love it! I just finished part 1 - Italy... moving on to India today! really... such an amazing story so far, and really hit home for me; it gave me the strength to tell my "David" that we're officially done. I can't go through it all again with him...

so thanks!!

Heather said...

You are SO welcome! And...you let go of 'David'? I am proud of you girlie...whatever you need to do to be able to move on and up. But dontcha wish there was an abundance of cute Italian speaking men around to help take your mind off things? :) haha!