After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Blues

Well first off, Blues Traveler was amazing!  And I loved the town of Stroudsburg, PA...it reminded me of New Hope but without the gays.  In fact, all Stroudsburg needs is a few rainbow street signs and glitter and it would be fabulous!  Our hotel was on the corner of this little college town's main street which was awesome because we could walk to any place we wanted to go.  The streets have wide sidewalks made of brick paver's and are lined with cute little restaurants and bars.  I think the town had a definite hippie vibe to it - but it could just be all the hippies in town to come see the concert, lol!  We had dinner at the Sarah Street Grill and after visiting almost every bar on the main st, we ended going back there for our last drinks of the night.

We got to the Sherman Theater just in time to see one of the opening band, the Mike Miz Band.  Wow, these local kids know how to play the blues!!!  Anyway, BT was awesome - John Popper can play the harmonica like nobody's business.  And he attracts quite a crowd...little kids to people old enough to be my grand parents.  And a lot of hippies, lol.  We were outside during one of the breaks and one of the old drugged up hippies walks up to us and says..."Dig this hustle, Jesus cant afford a ticket"  HAHAHA!  OMG, 'dig this hustle' has to be one of the best opening lines ever!

So yea, dig this hustle, here is a video of Miz preforming 'Wink'...enjoy!

No comments: