After 10 years with "J", I am now getting divorced and loosing my house in a short sale. (If you want to know how this all happened, I would recommend reading
this post here and this post here) But I am young, only 25, and I have started to close that chapter and explore the next. This is where I find out what I am made of. This is where I seek 'me'

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Going Nowhere Fast

J,

You know, our entire marriage...the entire time I've known you, you have never completed anything all the way through.  So many projects started and never finished.  Lots of dreams and goals but none of them ever followed through with.

There was the guitar you only halfway knew how to play - but you wanted the best guitar there was, so of course I bought it for you .  There was the guitar pedal that cost another arm and leg.  You bought the books, the DVDs, the whole works.  Now tell me...can you play guitar any better than when you were 15?

Then there was the "I'm going to quit smoking", "I'm going to lose weight, lets join a gym!", "I'm want to join the police academy"!, "Lets finish of our basement!" Oh the list goes on and on...

But did you quit?  Did you lose weight?  Did you ever even take the test for the academy?  Did our basement get finished?

Meanwhile I supported you through all of that, paid for most of everything you inspired to do, did the leg work and research if you needed me to, and sometimes I was just there to give you encouragement.  But in the end , I really just watched you give up and fail at everything.

You disappointed me.  (I wonder if you disappointed yourself???)

So what I'm trying to say is.  You SUCK.  No matter what you have put me through, no matter where I go from here.  You my friend, will still be where you always have been.  Nowhere.

No comments: